1804 - 1950's
Established in 1804, by John Oldrid and Richard Hyde, a small retailer who specialised as a draper, mercer, hosier, haberdasher, and funeral director. During 1831 John Oldrid took over the running of the business until 1905. Sydney Smith then ran the business from 1906 - 1915, when Robert Isaac purchased Oldrids from him. In 1920 the Isaacs expanded the Boston store to the three adjacent buildings. As the company grew the Isaac's purchased other properties in the Boston area, including Pescod Hall.
1960's - 1980's
The company took the decision to start selling Furniture, in a building on New Street in Boston, however, as this part of the business grew the company purchased an out of town site in Wyberton and in 1981 the first Downtown store was opened. The Downtown store also housed a Motor Showroom for four years. In addition the original store, Oldrids, in Boston was rebuilt and enlarged to include 3 floors and a food hall.
1980's - 1990's
During this time the company became a family run business with many of the Isaac family taking on roles within the two stores. The Downtown store went through an enlargement during 1985, which also encouraged other retailers to develop around the site.
2000 - 2005
The Grantham site continued to develop and a Garden Centre was added to the site, opposite Downtown Superstore.
2006 - Present Time
The Autumn of 2006 saw the beginning of a new era for the company with a new, non-family Managing Director; Annmarie McClintock, taking charge of the company.
In February 2013 the company acquired two new stores in Lincoln and Gainsborough.